Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I searched before posting and this recipe is like several other recipes as far as ingredients but the cooking method is a little different. I leave the tails on for an appetizer and remove the tails to serve with pasta. I like it with rice noodles but it's great with any pasta.
- 1 lb large raw shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Shell the shrimp leaving the tail on.
- Use a small knife and split each shrimp down the back lengthwise.
- Remove any black veins, rinse shrimp under cold water and pat dry.
- In a small pan, heat butter, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper just until butter is melted.
- In a 13x9 inch pan, arrange shrimp in a single layer with the split side opened and down, tails up.
- Pour butter mixture over all.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
We ate this until we were ready to pop! This recipe is indeed quick and easy and it was delicious. I made as posted and sprinkled with dill and parmesan just before serving. The only change I will make the next time is to reduce the garlic to 2 cloves, but that is just personal taste. I served this with Mom's Seasoned Toast. Everyone loved it! Made for "Pick a Chef Spring 2010". Thx for the great recipe!