Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I sometimes make up meals and freeze them for quick and easy lunches. This recipe is one of them!
- 200 g whole wheat penne
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into cubes
- 4 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 12 ounces medium shrimp, cleaned and tails removed
- 1⁄4 cup basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pasta water
- ground pepper
- Cook pasta in boiling water.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in large skillet. Saute garlic for one minute, add eggplant and zucchini, saute for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute an additional 2 minutes. Add shrimp and cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Add both to the skillet, toss all ingredients together.
- Top with basil. Add fresh ground pepper to taste.