Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is really, really good. It tastes like you've been cooking for hours, but you really have very little work to do.
- 1 lb prepared shrimp (i use the frozen ready kind)
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of shrimp soup
- 1 cup celery (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup carrot (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion (sliced)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (5 ounce) can chow mein noodles
- cook pasta al dente.
- thaw frozen shrimp under cold running water.
- in a large pan melt butter over med-high heat then add celery, carrots and onions.
- cook veggies for 3-5 min then add shrimp, water and pepper flakes.
- drain pasta and toss to shrimp mixture and sprinkle paprika.
- serve while hot and offer chow mein noodles.
Wow, this was really great. I had purchased a can of cream of shrimp soup by accident and searched for a recipe that I could use it in. I came across this one and I am so glad I did. I followed the recipe exactly and added the soup when I added the shrimp and water because the recipe doesn't say when to add it. The pepper flakes add just the right amount of heat and we loved the crunch from the chow mein noodles, which I think are a must. This dish has a great asian flavor to it and was so simple to make. My husband and I are fighting over the leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Thanks for the great new add to my dinner rotation. UPDATE! - I can no longer find cream of shrimp soup at any store. Go figure! So now I buy cream of celery and I purchase shrimp top ramen and use the flavor packet to mix with the soup. Still tastes great!