Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick goooood recipe when you need dinner quick. Serve with a bed of rice YUMMMMMMMMMY! Sometimes I make individual casserol dishes and sprinkle seasoned breadcrumbs on top then run under the broiler.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs imitation crabmeat (broken into chunks)
- 1 small green pepper (sliced)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed or 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon unsalted light butter
- Heat butter (add a touch of olive oil)in a saute pan over medium heat.
- When hot add onion, green pepper, and garlic.
- Saute until onion and green pepper have softened.
- Add crabmeat, dill, red pepper flakes, wine, and lemon juice and zest.
- Heat until hot.
- Top with parsely and serve with rice.
Quick, economical, low fat and calorie~~over all, pretty good. I really liked the lemon and unfortunately only had 1/3 cup and no zest. Added a squirt of bottled lime and some lemon pepper to compensate. Used sliced small sweet peppers, yummy! Served over quinoa. Will make again for sure.
This is one of my favorite recipes I've gotten off this site. I usually serve it over cous cous and love it every time. I respect the others opinions, but want the chef to know that this is a unique dish that might not be for everyone, but I sure appreciate it!
12/4/08 This was ok. Only one 1 out of 4 in this family REALLY liked it. I am not a big fan of crab real or imitation, but was hoping to find a recipe that would change my mind. I found it rather bland and I was not that keen on the texture. It was really fast to make, but I doubt I will make it again.