Recipe by justcallmetoni
Yesterday was my turn to bring snacks to my Cuban salsa class -- the dance that is. After scanning dozens of recipes, I couldn't find what I wanted so I created this one. After watching my classmates tip the bowl, I decided it was worth posting. While the ingredients are familiar, the ratio of tomatoes, beans and corn is quite different from the dozens already here. So easy, its a crowd pleaser.
Top Review by Just starting out
Very good salsa. I found that it improved a lot over time. Seemed to peak around the 3rd day in the fridge. Still thought it needed a little something, so I added some salt, pepper and a little chipotle seasoning. Overall an extremely good base.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, about 1 lime
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 -3 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn