Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great salsa to eat with chips or on Burritos or Tacos!
- 1 can mexican Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 can hot or mild Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 -3 diced serrano pepper (1 for mild, 3 for hot!)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro (diced leaves only)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 dash lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 dash chili powder
- spice essence
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- In a blender, add the RoTel, 1/2 the onion, cilantro, serrano pepper, lime juice and spices.
- Blend all ingredients.
- Pour liquid into a dish and add, diced fresh tomatoe, rest of the onion and essence.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour prior to serving.