Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I make this about once a week (yes - we eat that much salsa) and I am asked to bring this to nearly every gathering...Prep time is a breeze with a food processor.
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 green onions
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 limes, juice of or 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- salt and pepper
- In food processor: add jalepeno, garlic, green onions and cilantro - pulse approximately 5 times.
- Add remaining ingred. and pulse until desired consistency.
- Add salt & pepper to taste. You can adjust the heat by adding more/less jalepeno.
- The flavors tend to blend after an hour or two in the fridge - but we enjoy it right away! You can also sub onions for the green onions and use lemon or lime juice.
I made this for PAC spring 07. I didn't realize how easy this type of salsa was to make. This recipe is very similar to my favorite store-bought kind. Woo hoo. But it makes a TON! Like 4 cups worth! I froze half (not sure how that will work out). We had this as part of our Cinco de Mayo feast. Thanks for sharing. :)
wow!!! super yummy!