Recipe by JoAnn
A mild side dish that won't overpower the entree. Use the thread saffron, which gives a much better flavor.
Top Review by MizzNezz
Served this with sauted chicken breast, and salad. It is a very good rice recipe. I used butter instead of olive oil, I think that adds to the flavor. We will for sure have this again. Thanks :)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan (that has a lid).
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until just soft.
- Add in the rice and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the broth, saffron, and parsley.
- Cover and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook for 15-18 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff with a fork before serving.