Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe on MountainMamaCooks.com. It's a great starting point and from here, the sky's the limit! I usually load it up with cilantro. I also leave the seeds and membrane in the jalapeno because I like spicier salsa. Sometimes I even add two jalapenos.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel, original
- 1⁄2 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and smashed
- 1 jalapeno, seeded
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, small to medium size handful, washed
- 1 lime, juice of
- Put all the ingredients in the base of a food processor or good blender and pulse to combine for 30 seconds or so until all the ingredients are finely chopped and salsa is desired consistency.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust to taste.
- Serve with chips or over tacos.