Recipe by Kim D.
This is quick and easy, yet delicious! I serve this soup with a fresh salad and lots of warm garlic bread.
Top Review by TreeSquirrel
I made this for my boyfriend (I don't eat meat.) and he said he enjoyed it. I used turkey meat, instead of beef, and substituted vegetarian broth for the beef broth. I also used chopped red onion, not the white. The boyfriend said he'd eat it again soon!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans tomato puree
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped white onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 3⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) packagerefrigerated cheese ravioli
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven, brown ground beef; drain.
- Add all ingredients, except for the Paremesan cheese and ravioli.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Cook ravioli according to package directions; drain and add to soup.
- ~NOTE~I normally use the cheese filled ravioli because that is the kid's favorite.
- But you can use a different type of filling to satisfy your taste, such as roasted chicken or Italian sausage filled ravioli.