Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 7 mins
Cook 20 mins
Good for you veggies combined with pasta for a quick, easy and yummy weeknight dinner.
Make and share this Quick and Easy "Primavera" recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (11 ounce) can spinach, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into 1 inch strips
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced into 1 inch strips
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 (11 ounce) can white shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Add zucchini and squash and sauté until almost tender.
- Add tomatoes, artichokes, corn and spinach.
- Cook for 7 minutes, then add basil.
- Cook for 5-7 more minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Serve over fettuccine with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and garlic bread on the side.
Very tasty!! I didn't have the artichoke hearts, so I left them out. I used fresh spinach, (cooked in a little water for 2 minutes), and added 1/2 t oregano. This is just chock full of veggies and has a great taste. I served it over regular spaghetti. Enjoyable meal with a loaf of garlic bread. I will make it again. Thanks Kari!!
Oh man this is good! My hubby and I love it. He's not a big fan of artichokes but he liked them in here. I only cooked it about 8 minutes total rather than 12-14 as suggested, because I feared the veggies would get mushy. I also substitued dried basil (1/2 as much) since I didn't have fresh. The best part? It was fantastic as a leftover! It heated up great the next day and was just as tasty as fresh. This is going to be one of our stand-by nightly dinner recipes.