1/1 Photo of Quick and Easy Pumpkin Squares
With a yummy crust and pumpkin pie filling,this delicious dessert from my childhood is loved by all! My husband's boss liked it even though he doesn't like pumpkin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 822.13 g can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 158.51 ml milk
- 2.46 ml allspice
- 2.46 ml clove
- 2.46 ml ginger
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 59.14 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2CRUST: Empty cake mix into a bowl. Cut in 1/2 cup butter until mixture forms moist even crumbs. RESERVE ONE CUP MIXTURE. Add the egg to the remaining mixture and stir until crumbled together.
- 3Spoon into a 9" x 13" greased pan and press lightly to form an even layer. Bake for 10 minutes and remove, but leave the oven on.
- 4FILLING: Beat two eggs until foamy. Beat in pumpkin, milk, spices and 1/4 cup of brown sugar. Pour on top of baked layer. (It should be liquidy but don't worry - it will bake up fine.).
- 5TOPPING: Combine reserved crumb mixture with 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup butter. Sprinkle to form an even layer of crumbs on top of the pumpkin batter.
- 6Bake until custard is slightly set in the center, about 30-40 minutes. Let cool completely.
- 7GARNISH with whipped cream or ice cream and serve!
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy Pumpkin Squares
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.2
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 59.8 mg
- Sodium 379.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 21.2 g
- Protein 3.5 g