1/1 Photo of Quick and Easy Pumpkin Pie Bars
1 hr 5 mins
I generally bake from scratch, but I ran across this recipe that uses a yellow cake mix that is fabulous. It makes a beautiful three-layer bar that is good either with or without the whipped cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 3 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can canned pumpkin puree
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- whipped cream
- 1Combine cake mix from box, melted butter and one of the eggs; beat until combined.
- 2Set aside one cup of the cake-mix mixture.
- 3Spread remaining cake mix mixture in an ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- 4Press to form an even crust.
- 5In medium mixing bowl, beat together the remaining eggs, the pumpkin, evaporated milk, brown sugar and the 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice.
- 6Pour the pumpkin mixture over crust in prepared pan.
- 7Combine the reserved cake-mix mixture, the sugar, the 2 tablespoons softened butter and the cinnamon.
- 8Dot evenly over the pumpkin mixture.
- 9Bake in a 350° oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until done when tested with toothpick.
- 10Cool in pan on wire rack.
- 11Cut into 16 squares and then into triangles.
- 12Serve with whipped cream with additional pumpkin pie spice sprinkled on top.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy Pumpkin Pie Bars
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.4
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 76.2 mg
- Sodium 434.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 30.0 g
- Protein 4.5 g