Recipe by sydney2462
Got this from another board, easy Autumn recipe that will impress anyone. This is a nice change from Pumpkin Pie.
Top Review by Chef Jean
Pumpkin pie with crumb topping...yum! I used the spice cake and added a little more of the spices to the mix. Very easy to whip up and made a great fall dessert! Made for PAC Fall 2011.
- 29 ounces canned pumpkin
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 (18 ounce) box French vanilla cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) box spice cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease bottom of 9 X 13 inch pan.
- Combine 1st six ingredients.
- Pour into pan.
- Sprinkle, then pack cake mix over top evenly.
- Drizzle butter over entire cake.
- Bake at 350 F for approximately 50 - 60 minutes (test for doneness).
- For extra elegance top slices with whipped cream sprinkled with the spices used in cake.