Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
It is easy to make and taste great.
Make and share this Quick and Easy Pumpkin Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 box of pillsbury yellow cake mix with pudding
- 1 can of comstock pie pumpkin pie filling
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 dash allspice
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup mdedium whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 criso shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (3 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 2 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons medium whipping cream
- In a microwave bowl put your crisco first then butter.
- Microwave until melted.
- Make sure you melt butter and crisco together.
- Set aside until cool.
- In a medium bowl put your cake mix,pumpkin pie mix, sugar, eggs,cinnamon, nutmeg and spice cake or allspice and crisco-butter mixture.
- Blend on medium speed for about 2 minutes.
- Add your whipping cream.
- Mix until smooth.
- Now you can add chopped walnuts to it if you like.
- But my family likes it without the nuts but want the nuts on top of the icing.
- Place in a 13x9 cake pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees until cake is done.
- In my oven it took 45 minutes.
- Ovens vary so check cake for doneness.
- Let cool.
- Ice and refrigerate.
- Icing: In a bowl whip your butter first.
- Next add cream cheese and whip.
- Next add your vanilla.
- Then a cup of powdered sugar.
- Mix well, next add one tablespoon of the whipping cream.
- Mix thoroughly, Next add another cup of powdered sugar.
- Mix thoroughly add the other tablespoon of whipping cream.
- Mix and then add the 1/4 cup powdered sugar and Mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Spread on the cool cake.
- Add chopped walnuts on top.
- I like mine refrigerated because it taste so good that way.