Recipe by Karen=^..^=
I have tons of recipes that I want to try that list puff pastry as an ingredient and of course I never have any and forget to buy it when I am out. Here is a recipe to make your own at home.
Top Review by Alison Clayton
I tried this as it's far easier than the 'official' way to make PP. Quick as a flash (in the food processor) and results were excellent! I used it for Eccles cakes, and it was very good indeed.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut butter into flour until it resembles crumbs. Stir in sour cream.
- Turn onto a floured board and knead until it just holds together.
- Form into a ball, flatten slightly and wrap airtight. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Work with half of the dough at a time and keep other half in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Pound the dough with a heavy rolling pin to make it pliable. Use in any recipe calling for puff pastry.