These rolls are delicious! and easy! and use no yeast! Sugar makes these slightly sweet, or you can use 1 tsp. salt for a more savory version.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Stir in the sugar and mashed potato.
- Add enough milk to bind to a soft but not sticky dough.
- Turn out the dough onto a floured surface and knead lightly until blended.
- Roll out until 1/2-inch thick and cut into rectangles.
- Place the rectangles on a buttered baking sheet and bake in a 425* oven for 12-15 minutes, until risen and golden.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Serve on the day made.
- Note: You can also make these rolls as triangles.
- Instead of rectangles as here, cut 12 triangles from the dough.