Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
An easy but yummy greek dinner, served in pita's. A great change from hamburgers as a "dinner" sandwich. Can be cooked on the barbecue as well.
- 1 kg pork shoulder
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 lemon juice
- mixed salad green
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 tomatoes, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 cucumber, finely sliced
- 150 g tzatziki
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (to taste)
- 4 pita breads
- 150 g hummus
- Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Heat a roasting tin and sear the pork fillet. Season and remove from the heat. Add the garlic, rosemary, olive oil and lemon juice. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes. Remove and rest for 10 minutes. Carve into slices. You can also bbq it.
- For the salad: put the leaves, onion, tomato and cucumber in a large bowl. Add the tzatziki and a squeeze of lemon juice and mix well.
- Heat the pitas by lightly wetting and then lightly oiling each side. Place in a frying pan heating either side gently.
- Slice through the top of the pitta and spread some humous on the inside. Then fill the pitta with the pork and salad mix. Halve each ptta to serve.
Fantastic and delicious! This could not have been easier or more refreshing. For the tzatziki I used Tzatziki Mexicano. Thanks, MarraMamba! Made for the Unrulies Under the Influence, ZWT6.
So easy to prepare (I cooked the pork in the oven) and so fabulously moist and flavoursome with the salad greens (I used baby spinach leaves) and the other ingredients. I used KITTENCAL's Kittencal's Tzatziki (Greek Cucumber and Yogurt Salad) and Cookgirl's Happy Hummus. I shall certainly be making this again and wouldn't want to change a thing. Loved the lemony flavour! Thanks for yet another wonderful recipe, MarraMamba!
This made DH extremely happy on Father's Day. I used pork loin and cooked it in the oven. It came out so very delicious! I used two tried-n-true Zaar recipes: Garlic Cucumber Dip ( Tzatziki ) #138075 and Hummus, Hommos, Humus #116906. We'll be making this again and may try it on the grill. Thanks MarraMamba.