1/1 Photo of Quick and Easy Pork Kebab (Souvlaki)
An easy but yummy greek dinner, served in pita's. A great change from hamburgers as a "dinner" sandwich. Can be cooked on the barbecue as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Heat a roasting tin and sear the pork fillet. Season and remove from the heat. Add the garlic, rosemary, olive oil and lemon juice. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes. Remove and rest for 10 minutes. Carve into slices. You can also bbq it.
- 2For the salad: put the leaves, onion, tomato and cucumber in a large bowl. Add the tzatziki and a squeeze of lemon juice and mix well.
- 3Heat the pitas by lightly wetting and then lightly oiling each side. Place in a frying pan heating either side gently.
- 4Slice through the top of the pitta and spread some humous on the inside. Then fill the pitta with the pork and salad mix. Halve each ptta to serve.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy Pork Kebab (Souvlaki)
Serving Size: 1 (481 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1035.3
- Calories from Fat 639
- Total Fat 71.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 177.5 mg
- Sodium 630.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 52.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: