Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
These pop-overs are my version of comfort food.
- Mix flour and salt in a medium bowl and make a well in the center.
- Pour eggs and 1/2 cup milk into the well.
- Gradually work in flour, whisking until smooth.
- Whisk in 3/4 cup milk.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refridgerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Preheat muffin or pop-over pan for 10 minutes.
- When hot, brush cups with softened butter.
- Fill cups 2/3 full with pop-over mixture.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 10-15 minutes longer.
- DO NOT open the oven door until finished baking!
- Pop-over will deflate if you do.
These pop overs tasted good and they did rise up with a hole in the middle, but they didn't "pop over" like I thought they should and didn't rise as high as I thought they would. It is possible that I let the pan cool too much while filling them, although they were bubbling nicely. We did like them and will try them again, thanks for sharing.