Recipe by Jodid
These pop-overs are my version of comfort food.
Top Review by Derf
These pop overs tasted good and they did rise up with a hole in the middle, but they didn't "pop over" like I thought they should and didn't rise as high as I thought they would. It is possible that I let the pan cool too much while filling them, although they were bubbling nicely. We did like them and will try them again, thanks for sharing.
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour and salt in a medium bowl and make a well in the center.
- Pour eggs and 1/2 cup milk into the well.
- Gradually work in flour, whisking until smooth.
- Whisk in 3/4 cup milk.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refridgerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Preheat muffin or pop-over pan for 10 minutes.
- When hot, brush cups with softened butter.
- Fill cups 2/3 full with pop-over mixture.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 10-15 minutes longer.
- DO NOT open the oven door until finished baking!
- Pop-over will deflate if you do.