Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I've used this recipe that my sister-in-law found at allrecipes.com by Chef Rider and it's not only delicious but SUPER quick to make. The key is the bread flour =)
- 7.08 g package active dry yeast
- 4.92 ml white sugar
- 236.59 ml warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 591.47 ml bread flour
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Stir in flour, salt and oil. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- 3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round. Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan or baker's peel dusted with cornmeal. Spread with desired toppings and bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let baked pizza cool for 5 minutes before serving.
This worked well! I doubled recipe. It was great to have a faster method than the bread machine 2 hr dough cycle!
This was an easy to make crust with nice consistency. DH used the food processor for Step 2. We used this as a base for Roasted Squash and Sage Pizza (Or Pita Pizza or Burrito) 331868 and it worked well. Thanks!
This worked out just great. I doubled this recipe and rolled the dough into a lightly greased cookie sheet pan and it made a nice, thick, pan-style crust. I substituted vegetable oil for olive oil because that's what I had and I also had to add a little more flour to make the dough less sticky.