Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Our family's favorite pizza burger recipe. Recipe modified 10/02/07.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef (95%, do not fry in advance)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 pint pizza sauce (I use Homemade Canned Pizza Sauce or 7 ounces Ragu Pizza Quick Sauce)
- 8 hamburger buns, plain inexpensive white buns work the best
- 16 slices mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all ingredients from ground beef through pizza sauce.
- Separate the halves of the hamburger buns, placing each half face-up on a baking sheet.
- Spread the meat mixture on each of the hamburger bun halves. (I have found the fastest way to do this is using Pampered Chef's medium scoop and dividing the meat mixture between the bun halves; then, using the back of a large soup spoon, smooth the meat mixture evenly over the bun.).
- Top each with a slice of mozzarella.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
I gave this recipe 3 stars. My newphews and I liked these burgers but weren't crazy over them. I added some mushrooms and onions for more flavor. We will have these again. Thanks christine (internetnut)