Recipe by SarasotaCook
How quick and easy, 5 minutes to put them together and 15 or so minutes in the oven. Serve with a warm pizza or marinara dipping sauce (a jar marinara is great for this). Great with grilled chicken, steak, wings. Just so quick and easy.
Top Review by mums the word
My kids love everything pizza so I made this for their after school snack today. They are going to love them. I tested them warm out of the oven, dipped in pizza sauce and ummm ummm, are they good! I could definitely see adding other pizza toppings into the batter - green pepper, olives, etc. I think this recipe could be very versatile and I will definitely make these again. Made as a "thank you" for choosing me in Spring PAC 2010. Thx Kim!
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 3⁄4 cup milk, just check after you have everything mixed together (you may want to add another teaspoon or two)
- 3⁄4 cup pepperoni, fine chopped (you can add a bit more if you want, about 3 oz)
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 cup Italian cheese blend, grated (I get Sargento, a blend of mozzarella, parmesan and romano, any blend should work fine, you want a b)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups marinara sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix -- Simply mix the Bisquick, milk, butter and then add in the garlic, onion, seasoning, cheese and pepperoni. You want a nice stiff mix so you can drop by a spoon onto a cookie sheet and they will not be too soft and fall apart. So always start with the 3/4 cup milk first, and then add a little more if needed.
- Once mixed, drop heaping spoonfuls of the biscuit mix to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. No clean up. You can also just spray a baking sheet with non stick spray if you want. Top each biscuit with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and bake in a 400 degree preheated oven on the middle rack until golden brown. They should take anywhere between 12 and 20 minutes depending on how big you make them.
- Sauce -- Just reheat the sauce in the microwave or on the stove stop until warm. Serve on the side with the biscuits. Kids and adults love these. ENJOY!