Recipe by misshannah
This peach cobbler is the easiest and tastiest I've ever made. And I'm from a southern family.
Top Review by xablake
I started this recipe before I realized it had some serious problems. Here's my fix.
Add a tsp of salt to the batter.
Use only 4 tablespoons of butter and beat into the batter before pouring in the pan.
Add 2 Tablespoons of Flour.
After spooning in the peach wedges, drizzle a little syrup over the whole cobbler.
Bake 30 - 40 min, or until dry and shiny.
Cool and nom.
I give mine 3 stars.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (17 ounce) can peach slices in syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425.
- Spoon butter in an 8x8 inch casserole dish. Place in oven so the butter can melt.
- Sift the flour and sugar together.
- Slowly stir in milk.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Spoon in peaches.
- Then, pour the peach syrup over the peaches.
- The peaches will sink in, so don't stir the mixture.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until brown.
- NOTE: The size of the can of peaches will vary, so just use whatever size you have available. Either way it'll turn out great!