Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
Golden little pancakes best served warm with your favourite toppings. They come out slightly thinner than typical pancakes; if you'd like them fluffy and thick, increase the flour and baking powder. A middle ground between crepes and pancakes; if you don't use any baking powder, they come out very similarly to crepes and you can use them as wraps for your favorite toppings, or with the baking powder, they're great as traditional flapjacks. Every pancake/waffle lover should have this recipe. If used for waffles, use 2 eggs, 6 tsp sugar, 1 1/3 cups milk, 1 1/3 cups flour, and 3/4 tsp of baking soda 2 1/4 tsp baking powder. Fast, and with only six ingredients, breakfast only gets so much easier. This is my adaptation of various recipes plus my own influence. We had a family recipe for 15 years, but this trumped even that! Hope you enjoy!
- In a bowl or mixing jug, whisk together egg, sugar and half of milk (2/3 cup).
- Add the flour and mix throughly.
- Then add remaining milk (2/3 cup) and baking powder. It should be the consistency of thick cream.
- (Optional): Add 1-1/2 tsp oil if you have trouble with sticking.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour about a soup spoon sized amount onto a pre-heated lightly greased frying pan or griddle (You will need to start about medium high heat but after a few rounds you will need to drop it back to medium).
- Flip with a spatula when the top is all bubbly (should be a lovely golden colour), and cook the other side (~45 seconds/side depending on stovetop).
- Remove from pan and pile up on a plate (cover with a paper towel until served).
- Serve with whatever you like and enjoy.
Very good, just added the juice of a half a lime to give it a bit of zing. Came out golden brown!
Not good at all!! I made this for my family and in the end threw it down the sink! It stuck to the pan and smelled horribly. I tasted one and it had little taste to it. I even went over the instructions to see what I had done wrong and there didn't seem to be anything! I would definitely not make this again!!
Loved it. Have another mix for everyone. It too is quick and easy and available online. Actually two: vanilla malted pancake and waffle mix/complete add water only and Pamela's mixes. These mixes are free shipping on amazon. I am afraid all these easy mixes are making me lazy...