I've always followed a basic recipe for gravy with my baked chicken or turkey with reasonable results. Tonight I decided to try something a little different and I can't tell you how glad I am that I did! I always add plenty of herbs and spices to my birds (Kittencal's Best Blasted Rapid-Roast Whole Chicken #221743) which means I don't need to add any to the gravy....but if you cook a plain bird make sure to add whatever herbs you like. My favorites are rosemary and garlic!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1After baking a chicken transfer the bird to another plate and cover tightly with foil.
- 2Pour all the drippings and fat into a glass measuring cup, making sure to scrape all the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- 3Put 4 teaspoons of chicken fat from the top into a saucepan. Discard remaining chicken fat.
- 4Add 4 teaspoons flour to chicken fat, stir with whisk.
- 5Add pan drippings. If you have more than half a cup, feel free to add them all. The more drippings you add the more flavorful the gravy will be.
- 6Add broth (or 1 c water with a bouillon cube). Bring to boil and continue to whisk until desired consistency.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy Pan Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 57.8
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 186.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pan drippings from chicken