Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
I've always followed a basic recipe for gravy with my baked chicken or turkey with reasonable results. Tonight I decided to try something a little different and I can't tell you how glad I am that I did! I always add plenty of herbs and spices to my birds (Kittencal's Best Blasted Rapid-Roast Whole Chicken #221743) which means I don't need to add any to the gravy....but if you cook a plain bird make sure to add whatever herbs you like. My favorites are rosemary and garlic!
- After baking a chicken transfer the bird to another plate and cover tightly with foil.
- Pour all the drippings and fat into a glass measuring cup, making sure to scrape all the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Put 4 teaspoons of chicken fat from the top into a saucepan. Discard remaining chicken fat.
- Add 4 teaspoons flour to chicken fat, stir with whisk.
- Add pan drippings. If you have more than half a cup, feel free to add them all. The more drippings you add the more flavorful the gravy will be.
- Add broth (or 1 c water with a bouillon cube). Bring to boil and continue to whisk until desired consistency.