Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
Crispy chicken one side, succulent all the way through with a hint of the mediterranean. Absolutely delicious and ideal for parties served with salad or as a main meal with seasonal vegetables.
- Bone the chicken legs being careful to leave the skin on. Pat the skin side dry with a paper towel and salt liberally.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a large frying pan on medium heat.
- Place the chicken pieces skin side down into the pan; now salt the top side of the chicken using remaining salt and do the same with the oregano.
- Cook without turning for precisely 15 minutes; you will see the chicken cooking through from the bottom upwards. Dont be tempted to continue the cooking over the 15 minutes because we are now going to flip the chicken over for 2 to 3 minutes only to finish off the topside.
- Plate with skin side down and serve with seasonal vegetables or salad.
- Watch for the look of surprise on others faces as they take the first crispy, succulent mouthful.