Prep 20 mins
Cook 13 mins
I have not made these as of yet. This sounds like a easy recipe to make after a long day and wanting rolls for dinner.
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- reserving 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 (11 ounce) canphillsbury refrigerated breadstick dough
- 1⁄4 cup shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease cookie sheet.
- In small skillet, combine onion, pine nuts and tomatoes; cook and stir over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until onion is tender and the nuts are toasted. Remove from heat. Stir in poppy seed.
- Unroll dough, separte into 2 sections ( 6 breadsticks each). Spread onion mixture over dough. reroll dough sections; pinch edges to seal. Cut each section into 6 rolls. Place rolls cut side up on greased cookie sheet. Brush with reserved 1 tablespoon tomato oil. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 13 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
these are easy to make as it asks for a ready made dough. They're so good and I finally got to use the dried tomatoes I have! SInce the dried tomatoes I used weren't cut very fine, it made the rolls tastier. I'm not sure if the dough I used were for breadsticks, but nevertheless I enjoyed it. Thanks for posting this. Made for Spring PAC 2009.