1/1 Photo of Quick and Easy Onion Beer Bread
1 hr 30 mins
The title says it all... quick and easy, but don't forget "tasty" as well! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 fresh green onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle beer, un-chilled
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Using a cheese grater with small holes, grate the two portions of sharp cheddar cheese.
- 3In a large bowl combine together the flour, baking powder, onion soup mix, basil, garlic powder, and sugar; stir in the grated cheese and chopped green onion.
- 4Gradually pour in the beer, stirring with a fork until just blended and beer is incorporated.
- 5Grease the bottom of a 9"x5" loaf pan and spread the dough in the pan.
- 6Chop the additional green onion and sprinkle evenly over the surface of bread dough for topping (you can substitute chopped thinly sliced yellow onion for this, if you like).
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean from the middle.
- 8Remove bread from oven; combine the Parmesan and grated cheddar, and sprinkle it over the top of the still-hot loaf.
- 9Let the bread stand in the pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack, then turn out and let cool for another 5 or so minutes before slicing and/or serving.
- 10You can make this bread ahead of time- if you're going to serve it later, wrap it in foil and at the time of serving re-heat it in a 325 degree oven for about 15 minutes; it's really very tasty the day after it's prepared, so you might consider making it a day ahead of when you want to serve it.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy Onion Beer Bread
Serving Size: 1 (919 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2284.4
- Calories from Fat 499
- Total Fat 55.4 g
- Saturated Fat 32.2 g
- Cholesterol 159.0 mg
- Sodium 5280.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 339.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.5 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 83.1 g