Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Adapted from the recipe they used to use at the fabulous Tony's restaurant in St. Louis Missouri. You can't argue with their cooking prowess. Sub your favorite oil for the butter and this is easily vegan.
- 10 ounces capellini (angel hair pasta)
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely minced assorted fresh vegetables (asparagus, mushrooms, broccoli, zucchini, what have you)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- red pepper flakes
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil; add your minced veggies and cook about 2 minutes.
- Without draining, add the capellini, and stir. Cook until the pasta is al dente, just a few minutes more.
- Ladle off about 2 cups of the cooking liquid and set aside (you can save the rest for soup), draining the pasta and veggies together.
- Toss the butter in the empty pot along with however much red pepper you like, stirring over moderate heat until the butter melts, then add reserved liquid.
- When that gets hot, stir in the pasta and veggies, tossing to coat in the butter, and season to taste with salt and pepper.