Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a delicious butter pecan cheesecake in a bar. A friend of my mom's gave me this recipe when I was 12 years old. Very easy to make and everyone I've made them for over the years has raved. Note: This recipe is not supposed to taste like regular cheesecake, it is technically a butter pecan flavored cream cheese dessert bar.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Stir together and mix well dry cake mix, 3/4 cup melted butter and 3/4 cup pecans. Press mixture evenly into prepared pan.
- Stir together until well mixed 1 cup brown sugar and 2 packages of cream cheese. Spread this over cake mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup pecans.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until edges are brown.
- Cool completely. Cut and store in refrigerator in air tight container.
I've been looking for this recipe for so long! We have a local bakery that makes these & sells them at festival & they are always the first to go. So glad to find this.
Made these for a faculty/staff Christmas party and they were a HIT! They were the talk of school the next week! (I'm making them at my mom's for Christmas, too!) Very easy! Just refrigerate before cutting.....we found that they cut neater that way.)
I had to compromise with my hubby on this review. He wasn't thrilled with the different taste to the cheesecake. I think it was the use of brown sugar with the cream cheese. He said it tasted more like caramel on top. I loved it. Now I just have to find someone to give the rest too, because it's too much for me to eat! Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 2008.