Recipe by dukeswalker
These tasty little mints are better than traditional after dinner butter mints. Great for any holiday treat and perfect as an additional to holiday cookie trays. Cooking time is actually drying time.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon butter flavor extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar (or a little more, as needed)
- 3 drops food coloring, your choice
- water, drops as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in medium bowl in the microwave.
- Add mint, vanilla, butter extract and food coloring.
- Add powdered sugar and knead with hand until no longer sticky and able to form a ball, add drops of water/sprinkles of sugar as needed.
- Place on counter sprinkled with powdered sugar and roll to 1/4 inch thick.
- Use small, dime size cookie cutter to cut into bite size mints.
- Allow to dry (drying time will vary depending upon humidity) and enjoy!
- You can use diff color food coloring for diff holidays.
- The amount of mints will vary depending upon the size of cookie cutter you use- I have found perfect sized cutters in my daughter's play-doh kit!