Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is also from the Fix it and Forget it cookbook. This nacho dip tastes great, isn't too mild, or too hot. Great to dip chips in or put on Tacos.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash onion powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced,optional
- 2 (16 ounce) jars salsa (as hot or mild as you like)
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- tortilla chips
- Brown ground beef.
- Add salt, pepper, onion powder, and minced garlic.
- Combine beef, salsa, beans, sour cream, and 2 cups cheese in slow cooker.
- Heat on low 2 hours.
- Just before serving sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Very tasty as is! We made it exactly as the recipe stated the first time - we're thinking maybe velveeta instead of shredded cheese the next time because it doesn't melt the greatest.
Was a big hit, DH and daughter loved it. Next time will double the recipe. Thanks Kim!