Prep 24 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Delicious sausage and mushroom appetizer that I always serve for Super Bowl and every Christmas.
Make and share this Quick and Easy Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- Puncture sausage with a fork and put in large pot and add water to cover. Boil sausage for at least 10 minutes.
- drain and rinse sausage.
- When cool peel off casings and cut into bite size pieces.
- In a large saucepan mix beef broth, italian seasonings, and garlic and mushrooms.
- Bring to a boil and let boil for 5 minutes.
- Add sausage and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Let stand overnight in refridgerator.
- The next day put into large crockpot or roaster and add ketchup.
- Bring to serving temperature and keep on low heat, Serve.
- (NOTE-Do not wash mushrooms it will make them watery, just wipe with damp cloth to clean. Leave mushrooms whole, I always look for mushrooms that aren't to large so that I get more and then they are just one bite when they eat them. If you want you can use half beef broth and half beer or wine but you should use at least half the beef broth. I always serve these with toothpicks for a great appetizer.).
- This is really easy to double or even triple just keep equal amounts of sausage and mushrooms.
- Also if you have leftover sauce after the mushrooms and sausages are gone you can freeze this and use this for your sauce the next time by just adding more mushrooms ans sausage. It actually gets beter with time.