Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe uses a lot of pre-made convenience items to make a quick appetizer. The recipe comes from Taste of Home.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package crescent roll dough
- Combine cream cheese, mushrooms, onion, and hot pepper sauce in a food processor (or blender) and process until blended.
- Unroll the crescent roll, separate into 4 rectangles, pressing the perforations to seal.
- Spread the mushroom mixture over the dough.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side.
- Cut each roll into 5 slices and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425F for 8-10 minutes.
I made these as a snack for 3 hungry girls who'd just tubed the river (I had some too :) We loved them and I loved the convenience! I did use lower fat cream cheese and crescent rolls and they turned out just fine. I'll be making these again....thanks for the recipe Ms Bindy :)
My DH liked these mushroom puffs a lot. Very easy and quick to make! I did have a few places on the crescent roll dough where I did not seal the seams well and a bit of filling baked out. These were a nice afternoon snack!