Prep 40 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love this, its just like lasagna. It uses mafalda (those little lasagna noodles) and is layered just like regular lasagna. Yummy.
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 48 ounces pasta sauce, any flavor
- 6 cups cooked mafalda noodles (mini lasagna noodles)
- 6 ounces mushrooms
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook sausage in skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink; drain.
- Add pasta sauce; heat through stirring occasionally.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook and drain noodles.
- While noodles are cooking, mix ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, the oregano and parsley.
- Spread 1/3 of the sausage mixture in ungreased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Top with 3 cups noodles.
- Spread cheese mixture over noodles.
- Sprinkle with half the mozzarella cheese.
- Spread another 1/3 of sausage mixture and top with remaining noodles.
- Spread remaining sausage mixture over noodles and top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup parmesan cheese over top.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake about 15 minutes longer or until hot and bubbly.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.