1/3 Photos of Quick and Easy Microwave Butter Toffee
Roxanne J.R.'s Note:
I made this recipe without the chocolate chip and nuts topping to use as plain toffee bits in recipes and it is very delicious. I was surprised at how easy it is to make. I used light corn syrup cause it was all I had on hand and it worked just fine, also if your mixture seems to be separating at the end it just takes a bit of muscle to mix it all back together, quickly pour it onto your prepared pan and leave to set. Found on FabulousFoods.com
My Private Note
slab of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large microwave safe bowl, mix sugar, butter, water and corn syrup.
- 2Microwave on high 4 minutes. Stirring every 2 minutes.
- 3Heat 6-8 minutes longer until thickened and gold in color.
- 4Add vanilla; stir well - this step may require some muscle is your mixture begins to seperate.
- 5Pour mixture into 9x13 dish.
- 6Spread chocolate chips over hot toffee. Sprinkle with nuts.
- 7Cool completely. Break into pieces.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy Microwave Butter Toffee
Serving Size: 1 (751 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3842.5
- Calories from Fat 2455
- Total Fat 272.8 g
- Saturated Fat 143.7 g
- Cholesterol 488.0 mg
- Sodium 1354.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 372.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.6 g
- Sugars 343.0 g
- Protein 19.1 g