Recipe by Roxanne J.R.
I made this recipe without the chocolate chip and nuts topping to use as plain toffee bits in recipes and it is very delicious. I was surprised at how easy it is to make. I used light corn syrup cause it was all I had on hand and it worked just fine, also if your mixture seems to be separating at the end it just takes a bit of muscle to mix it all back together, quickly pour it onto your prepared pan and leave to set. Found on FabulousFoods.com
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon dark corn syrup, can use light
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large microwave safe bowl, mix sugar, butter, water and corn syrup.
- Microwave on high 4 minutes. Stirring every 2 minutes.
- Heat 6-8 minutes longer until thickened and gold in color.
- Add vanilla; stir well - this step may require some muscle is your mixture begins to seperate.
- Pour mixture into 9x13 dish.
- Spread chocolate chips over hot toffee. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Cool completely. Break into pieces.