Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Oh this is so quick and easy to make. I have also had it with corn tortilias instead of flour (had to cook them a bit longer) Hopefully you enjoy this as much as we do!
- 1 packet flour tortilla
- 1 cup Ro-Tel tomatoes and onions
- 1 fryer chicken
- 1 cup cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup cream of mushroom soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese
- Broil chicken until tender.
- Remove, reserving broth.
- Remove skin and ones from chicken and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Grate Cheese and mash Tomatoes.
- Combine chicken, Onions, Cheese, Garlic Salt, Chili powder and Tomatoes.
- Drop tortillas into boiling chicken broth until softened.
- Line large baking dish with softened tortillas.
- Add chicken mixture.
- Pour the 2 cans of soup over the chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until bubbly and hot.
All I can say is yummmm! I cooked this for 'Zaar Day with a Mexican theme and my DH who doesn't even like Mexican loved it! He ate 2 huge servings and kept saying how good it is. Thank you so much for a great addition to my cookbook. Nancy
My sister-in-law gave me this same recipe and it is wonderful. Better for the cooler months and a good comfort food! Reheats well in the microwave for leftovers or a lunch! Husband loves it!
great recipe, not bland at all. i substituted ground turkey in place of the chicken and used a packet of chili powder instead of 1 tbsp. i also substituted 1 can of cream corn in place of the cream of mushroom soup. my family loved it.