Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe can be easily adjusted by simply added more or less pasta. It's perfect for potlucks!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 of a medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb ground beef (or meat of your choice)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (I use the one with green chilies)
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese (A mix of cheddar and pepper jack is good)
- 1 (6 ounce) canof large black olives, sliced
- 4 cups pasta (I use large elbow macaroni)
- In a large skillet, heat oil, then add chopped onion. Cook just until onion begins to turn translucent, then add minced garlic.
- In a large pot, cook pasta in salted, boiling water until just done (about 9 minutes. It will cook a little more in the oven). This can be going on while you're assembling the ingredients in the skillet.
- Returning to the skillet, add beef and taco seasoning. Once the beef is cooked through, then add tomatoes, corn, beans, and sour cream. Stir until well combined. Add shredded cheese. Then add drained, cooked pasta.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish. If desired, sprinkle more shredded cheese over the top. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until bubbly and cheese is golden.
- Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream, and salsa, if you like. Enjoy! =).