Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
Mediterrean-style pizza made on a pita. This recipe is very quick and easy and tastes great. This recipe is super easy and can be altered based on your taste. Makes 1 pita-sized pizza, but is easy to double or triple as needed.
- 1 pita bread (I use whole wheat)
- 2 tablespoons spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce
- 5 cherry tomatoes (Halved)
- 1⁄8 cup bay shrimp (I buy the frozen kind and defrost a little)
- 1⁄8 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash basil
- Mix together spaghetti sauce and pesto.
- Spread the mixture over the pita thinly.
- Top with cheese, tomatoes, and shrimp.
- Sprinkle basil and garlic salt on top.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes at 325 (towards 7 mins for softer crust).
- Let cool for 3-5 minutes before serving.
This is a wonderful little pizza that goes together easily for a quick meal. I never had shrimp on a pizza before and it is very good. I doubled the recipe to make this for DH and I. This would also be good as an appetizer, sliced into wedges.