Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe at another internet site and loved it. Im not a big meatloaf person so i wanted to find something I would like that is also kid friendly. My son loves it!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef or 1 1⁄2 lbs chuck or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground round
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 (8 -15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups packaged herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- grated mild cheddar cheese
- Combine ground beef, egg, 1/2 cup of tomato sauce, stuffing crumbs, salt, and pepper.
- Shape mixture into a loaf and place in bread pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes at 350; remove from oven and top loaf with remaining tomato sauce (this is where i use more) and shedded cheese.
- Bake meatloaf 10 more minutes.
I made this recipe with just a few changes and LOVED it. I used beef and pork, 2 lbs. I added a bit of milk to moisten the mixture and added a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce. I would have added some canned mushrooms if I had them. I wash thinking some onions and celery might be a nice option too. We really loved it.
I made this for dinner last night and me and hubby loved it. Very tasty. Its a keeper. Thanks