Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
So easy to put together when you are in a rush and yet you still want to prepare something that's quick and tasty. I only made this recently when we first moved into a new house and most of my kitchen was still packed away and I only had minimal ingredients.
- 10 -12 meatballs, Italian ready made
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, garlic infused
- 1 onion, fine dice
- 1 (350 g) jarloyd grossman tomato and chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3⁄4 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese
- Heat Oil in medium saucepan and gently cook the chopped onions stirring occasionally, after 2-3 minutes add Tomato and Chilli Sauce, Tomato paste, Italian herbs and the seasoning. Simmer gently and reduce until its nearly thick enough to coat spaghetti.
- While the sauce is simmering heat a small frying pan and gently cook the meatballs, this takes about 10 minutes, turn as necessary.
- Drain and add to the sauce, simmer for a few more minutes and serve with Spaghetti and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese. Crusty bread and a glass of red wine really compliments the meal.