Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
The title says it all. Serve with French bread and salad. Enjoy.
- 8 manicotti
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook manicotti shells according to package directions; drain.
- Rinse in cold water; drain and set aside.
- Saute ground beef and garlic in skillet, stirring to crumble beef, until beef is no longer pink; drain.
- Add cottage cheese, mozzarella, salt, and mayonnaise to skillet; stir well.
- Stuff manicotti shells with meat mixture; arrange shells in a lightly greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Combine spaghetti sauce and oregano; pour over manicotti.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 additional minutes.
This recipe was great! I was a little skeptical of the mayo as well but it gave it a very creamy texture. I used everything fat-free and it was still wonderful!
Very tasty dish and so easy to make. The only change I made was to use ground turkey vs. the beef. Served with a nice Greek salad. Made for the Best of 2014 tag game.
This was really good! It was quick and easy as described too. I was also skeptical of the mayo but decided to try it since the other reviews seemed to like it. Thanks for sharing. Made for What's on the Menu tag.