Recipe by mfer9853
If you're looking for a quick and easy one bowl recipe this is for you! So comforting on a cold afternoon, brings back childhood memories while the aroma fills the air. Enjoy!
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 lb cottage cheese (I used fat free)
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely minced
- 1 -2 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup diced ham (optional)
- melted butter, go great on top of the dish to make a crispy topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to directions on the box.
- Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl until well mixed.
- Put mixture in a large baking dish, you can add breadcrumbs and melted butter ontop for a crispy topping.
- Bake at 350 for about an hour, or until the top is a light golden brown.