I found only one other recipe here at Zaar for Longevity Noodles. I am sure that is it delicious (it IS a Nurse Di recipe! and her stuff is great), but for me, quick and easy with fewer ingredients works better sometimes. This is a cross between chicken noodle soup and egg drop soup. Add some minced garlic for a bit of flavor variety.
- Stir the cornstarch, water and sesame oil in a small cup.
- Set the mixture aside.
- Heat the broth and soy in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture and stir it into the saucepan.
- Cook and stir until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Add the eggs, in a slow steady stream, stirring while adding.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Divide the pasta, chicken and green onions among 8 serving bowls.
- Ladle about 1 cup broth mixture into each bowl and serve immediately.