Recipe by Lil Ms Tropical
A totaly vegetarian slant on cottage pie or shepards pie but even more tastier - meat lovers will love this too, lots of fiber and taste, quick and easy to prepare.
- 2 cups canned cooked lentils
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup mushroom (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mild curry powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium zucchini (chopped finely)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 medium yams (sweet potato)
- 1 large potato
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry up all the ingredients except for the water and yam and potato and butter.
- Place in a medium dish.
- Boil up the Yam and Potato until soft. Mash with butter and place over the top of lentil mix.
- Put in fairly hot oven until mash has a nice crust on it.
- Serve with fresh veggies or a nice green salad.