Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love this recipe for it's ease. I use frozen, skinless, boneless chicken breasts and it comes out wonderfully juicy in 45 minutes or less every single time (depending on how big the breasts are). I started doing the lemon/pepper thing this way, as I don't like the mixes for it since they have a "chemical" taste. I do this at least once every two weeks when things are hectic and I haven't thawed meat ahead of time. There is also very little prep and clean up for this as they're cooked in their own pouches. I serve with rice pilaf and steamed brocolli.
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts (frozen)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice (fresh squeezed or bottled)
- salt (to taste)
- course ground pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking dish with foil.
- Tear 4 sheets of foil large enough to make a pouch for your chicken.
- Place a single frozen breast on one piece of foil.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of lemon juice on the chicken breast (more or less, depending on the size of the chicken, make sure it's covered and the lemon juice is pooling on the tinfoil).
- Sprinkle salt on chicken (I do a light sprinkle).
- Sprinkle pepper on chicken until it's covered nicely, depending on taste.
- Place a slice or two of lemon on the chicken.
- Fold the ends of the foil up and crease down, leaving a little room above the chicken.
- Fold the sides up in an attempt to keep it from leaking out during cooking, creating a small pouch.
- Place chicken in pan, repeat until all chicken is done.
- Bake for 35 - 45 minutes, depending upon the size of the breast.
This is very delicious and easy! Will make again! And again!
Easy! And delicious!