Recipe by Hazeleyes
When my sons were in football, the mothers all took turns preparing a weekly meal served the night before the big game. This was one of the favorites! I usually add more mozzarella cheese to the top...just because we really like it cheesy!
Top Review by sosiboys
Not sure what happened but I made this exactly as stated and my lasagna seemed to have too much liquid in it. The noodles came out kind of soggy, maybe its my oven i dont know. Thanks anyway
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (32 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 15 ounces dry curd ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese or 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown the hamburger and onion.
- Add the salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Stir the spaghetti sauce into the hamburger mixture and set aside.
- Combine the ricotta cheese, grated romano or parmesen cheese, egg, and 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese.(save the rest for the top).
- Grease a 9x13 pan.
- Place a small amount of the hamburger spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Lay 3 uncooked lasagna noodles lengthwise on top of the sauce.
- On top the the noodles, place 1/3 of the remaining sauce.
- On top of this, put 1/3 of the cheese mixture.
- Continue layering until everything is gone.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil, and bake for 30 more minutes.
- During the last 15 minute place the remaining mozzarella cheese on top.
- Let set 10 minutes, cut and enjoy!