Recipe by Mary Jenny
Mixing up your morning meal is easier than you think – Take a creative spin on kid–friendly foods like nachos and dip. Keep it simple by using some breakfast staples, like fruit, low–fat yogurt, and fruit spreads made with natural ingredients, so you can give your kids a meal they will love and one you can feel good about! Korey Kealey, food specialist and busy mom, suggests refreshing your breakfast with quick and easy breakfast nachos – four simple ingredients and just three easy steps:
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh fruit
- 2 tablespoons smucker's jam (Wildberry is a great choice)
- 150 g cinnamon, baked flatbread crisps
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1 1/2 cups (375mL) of fresh or thawed frozen fruit with 2 tbsp (30mL) Smucker's Simple Blends Wildberry Fruit Spread.
- Spoon mixture over about 5oz (150g) regular or cinnamon baked flatbread crisps, top with 1/4 cup (50mL) pre–shredded mozzarella cheese and microwave on high for 25 seconds or until cheese is melted.
- Optional: Mix 1/2 cup (125mL) plain yogurt with 3 tbsp (45mL) Smucker's Simple Blends Wildberry Fruit Spread and serve with “nachos” as dip.