Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A recipe from Cook's Illustrated taken on the blog of What Megan's Making. ETA : I made it on July 23, 2011. I used it in Philly Cheesy Pizza Dip It was great. The taste is great but maybe it would be better with more seasoning like dried basil and thyme. But it's so easy to do.
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes, drained and liquid discarded
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth, about 30 seconds. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Thank you. This was so easy and very delicious! Love the base.
Nice pizza sauce. It was simple to make and worked well on English muffin pizzas. I added some Italian seasoning to perk it up a little bit. Thanks for sharing, Boomette. Made for Everyday is a Holiday Tag.
Very easy to make and has a great flavor. I used very ripe roma tomatoes that I put in the blender with everything else (uncooked) and then pour the finished sauce in a saucepan and simmered for 15 minutes to cook the tomatoes. Came out perfect; used for recipe#275731. Made for Recipe Swap#57.